See this season's full concert list before it's too late. All events are free to the public.
31st International Composition Competition
6 premiere performances
2 cash prizes
The 31st ALEA III International Composition Competition has been announced. For information, guidelines and application form please check the links below.
The final stage of the 2012 competition took place on October 7, 2012.
An evening with works of unusual instrumentation featuring multiple bassoons and more.
- Michael Daugherty (USA) Bounce
- Owen Underhill (Canada) Cantilena **
- David Horne (Scotland) Aureole **
- Paquito D’Rivera (Cuba) Merengue
- Vaclav Nelhybel (Czech Republic) Concert Etudes for 4 Bassoons
- Stefan Hakenberg (Germany) Days **
- Brad Balliett (USA) Concerto Grody *
* World premiere, written for Janet Underhill
** Written for Janet Underhill
- Janet Underhill, bassoon
- Elisabeth Meryl Summers, bassoon
- Margaret Phillips, bassoon
- Reuben Stern, bassoon
- Susan Telsey, bassoon
- Sarina Wolfe, bassoon
- Narissa Gogos, bassoon
- Devon Nelson, bassoon
- Diane Heffner, clarinet and bass clarinet
- Manuel Garcia-Baro, piano
- Leigh Wilson, snare drum
The Tsai Performance Center is located at 685 Commonwealth Avenue in Boston, accessible by public transit on the B branch of the MBTA Green Line at Boston University East stop. Tel. 617/353-8724
Parking information is available at http://www.bu.edu/tsai/directions