See this season's full concert list before it's too late. All events are free to the public.
31st International Composition Competition
6 premiere performances
2 cash prizes
The 31st ALEA III International Composition Competition has been announced. For information, guidelines and application form please check the links below.
The final stage of the 2012 competition took place on October 7, 2012.
- Kurt Weill The Unknown Kurt Weill (songs for soprano and piano)
- Paul Dessau Jewish Dance
- Hanns Eisler Nonet No. 1
- Ernst Krenek Five pieces for trombone and piano
- Paul Hindemith Hin und zurück (a short opera in one scene) *
* Semi-staged; Raia Tsakiridi, director
- Marissa Licata, solo violin
- Greg Spiridopoulos, trombone
- Yukiko Shimazaki, piano
- Shinobu Takagi, soprano
- Brian Gonzalez, tenor
- Gerald Gray, tenor
- Thaddeus Bell, baritone
- Miles Rind, bass-baritone
Andreas Tselikas, conductor
The Tsai Performance Center is located at 685 Commonwealth Avenue in Boston, accessible by public transit on the B branch of the MBTA Green Line at Boston University East stop. Tel. 617/353-8724
Parking information is available at http://www.bu.edu/tsai/directions